- yoga props / blocks
health & wellbeing
gifts & presents
- yoga information
We offer a wide selection of yoga mats to suit all styles, budgets and tastes. Every person will make different demands of their mat and therefore have different requirements. Some considerations...
- The type of material the mat is constructed from. There are eco-friendly Yoga mats made from natural ingredients, synthetic materials made with eco-friendly processes and ingredients that are NOT harmful to people or the planet, and also synthetic mats which still contain harmful dyes and chemicals. We do not sell mats containing products which are harmful to either the environment or people.
- Durability is an important factor for many. Some styles of Yoga and some people’s techniques will make different demands upon their Yoga mat. A more dense construction usually means a more durable mat. Certain mats will be more suitable for certain styles of Yoga.
- Grip is also a very important consideration. Some styles of Yoga require the practitioner to be in a pose for a prolonged period of time, making grip very important. It is important that your hands and feet remain in place to ensure that you are able to support each pose with a good, solid foundation, without slipping.
- Size and weight are important for two reasons. Firstly, the size of the person using the mat (some people require an extra-long yoga mat because they’re particularly tall) and the weight of the mat is important if you need to transport your mat to and from your Yoga Class. Some mats are heavier than others and therefore might be more awkward to carry.
- The visual appearance or design of your Yoga mat can be important. Many people will select their Yoga mat because they enjoy how it looks. The colour may be important, some people enjoy a vibrant colour or design, others might find bright colours or designs to be distracting and may prefer something more calming and subtle. We have a wide range of colours, plain, texture and printed yoga mats to choose from.
- Advice If you’re in any doubt, please just contact us and we’ll be happy to offer advice on which mat to choose.