yoga clothes & clothing for men & women
At Yoga Bliss we pride ourselves in finding the best yoga clothing for men and women. We source our clothes specifically for yoga and their suitability for yoga practice. We ensure that wherever possible these items are produced with the enviroment and the clothing workers in mind. See below for quick links to our yoga clothing products and ranges.
Yoga Clothing for Women
We offer a wide range of Yoga Clothing for women, suitable for most styles of Yoga, tastes and budgets. Some things to consider when choosing your Yoga wear:
- Comfort – Your comfort is the most important thing. Your awareness and attention should be on your breathing, movement, your body, on the voice of your teacher but not on your clothing. It is really important that you are not distracted by ill-fitting clothing that doesn’t stay in position as you move, or that you feel is more revealing than you’re comfortable with.
- Coverage & modesty – The type of coverage you choose, might be different depending on the style of Yoga you practice and also the environment. If you’re practicing Yin Yoga which requires you to hold restorative poses for long periods of time, your requirements will be very different to someone who is taking part in a ‘Hot’ Yoga class in a heated room. It stands to reason, if you are moving more slowly or static for periods of time, it might be best to choose layers of clothing that you can either take off or add if necessary. If you’re in a heated room, you might like to wear less. It may also depend on how you feel about your body. Your modesty is important. You need to feel comfortable when you’re in a class, you don’t need to be constantly adjusting your clothing to ensure you don’t flash your chest or bottom at the class or the teacher.
- Cut & fit – for all of the above reasons, the cut of the Yoga clothing is very important. You may like to have close fitting garments that allow freedom of movement, with no extra fabric to get in the way, or you may like to have more elegant, flowing fabrics which give more coverage but may either slide down your legs when you’re inverted, or cause you to get tangled up as you move.
- Body temperature – Whether or not you choose a Yoga top with ‘spaghetti straps, or long sleeves or leggings, full length yoga trousers or shorts will depend on your body temperature, the environment in which you practice, how free you feel to move in each style and of course, how you like to look and feel.
- Fabric – the type, weight, feel and flexibility of the fabric will be important to the overall comfort of your Yoga wear. Many people prefer mainly natural fabrics, sometimes organic, next to their skin, but a certain amount of manmade ‘elasticity’ is usually added to ensure that the clothing maintains its shape and also allows you to move freely. There are some natural fabrics, such as Bamboo which allow the skin to breathe and wick moisture away from the skin. Other people prefer really brightly coloured, predominantly manmade fibres due to the precision fit and vibrant colours that these fabrics tend to present. These fabrics tend to dry quickly too.
- Visual appearance – This is very personal and varies hugely. Most people will want to feel good in their Yoga Clothing and for that reason, all of the above considerations alongside the colour and any printed, or embroidered design will be important. Often people will chose more subtle, plain clothing for their practice, because they don’t want to draw attention to themselves or don’t want their attention distracted by their clothing. Others can remain focused no matter what they wear.
- If you’d like some advice about the type of clothing for your body, your Yoga Practice or class, get in touch and one of the team will be happy to discuss your requirements and help you to make the choice that best suits your requirements. We can also answer any questions you may have about care of your Yoga wear or coverage, or any other concern you may have.
Yoga Clothing for Men
At Yoga Bliss, we offer a wide range of Yoga Clothing for men. If you’re new to Yoga and you’re not sure what to wear, here are some things to consider when choosing your Yoga wear:
- Comfort - Your comfort is the most important quality for your Yoga wear. Your awareness and attention should be on your breathing, movement, your body, on the voice of your teacher but not on your clothing. It is really important that you are not distracted by ill-fitting clothing that doesn’t stay in position as you move, or that you feel is more revealing than you’re comfortable with.
- Coverage, cut, fit & modesty – The type of coverage you choose might be different depending on what style of Yoga you’re practicing, the environment in which you’re practicing and also how confident you feel about your body. Some men will be comfortable wearing Yoga shorts and a vest all year round and others will prefer a t-shirt with long trousers. You’ll want to feel confident that you’re clothing will not reveal bits of you that you’d rather keep private! There are wide leg poses and inversions (you might be upside down) so you’ll want to make sure your clothing stays in place. If you’re not sure what the class is going to be like, perhaps wear an old pair of jogging bottoms and a t-shirt until you can ascertain what the best level of coverage would be for the class you’re attending. You may decide that you don’t need new Yoga Clothes after all!
- Fabric – Yoga Clothing comes in various different fabrics, each with their own qualities. It is important that the fabric is flexible, even natural fibres have a little elasticity added to ensure that the garment maintains its shape and allows you to move freely. Yoga clothing based mainly on natural fibres tends to allow the skin to breathe. It is likely that you may sweat during your Yoga practice, so allowing your skin to breathe is important. In addition to being able to move freely, it is important that the clothing you choose is also comfortable for sitting, for meditation or relaxation. We have a range of Bamboo viscose t-shirts which are a mainly natural fibre which wick moisture away from the skin, are soft to the touch and really comfortable to wear.
- Visual appearance – A very personal thing! You’ll want to feel good and also feel confident that you look good too. You may like to blend into the background or stand out from the crowd. The Yoga clothing for men that we sell at Yoga Bliss is mainly quite reserved but features subtle ‘yoga inspired’ prints and designs which should have a wide appeal.
- If you’d like to chat to one of the team about any of the Yoga Clothing that we sell, please do not hesitate to contact us. We’ll be happy to advise you according to your particular needs or concerns.